What If, In schools...
The "WHAT IF?" question is such a powerful thinking tool. We are all trying to improve in some way, whether it is the sports teams we follow, our personal life, or our profession. As an educator, we are always trying to determine what changes we can make within our schools and classrooms to make the learning experience relevant, meaningful and exciting for our students.
After taking part in Week 3 of #IMMOOC and reading The Innovator's Mindset, "What If" questions have come to the forefront of my mind. There isn't just one topic that I am focusing on, but more about what I would answer when it comes to my classroom and my teaching. Here are a few things that are on my mind.
What If in Schools:
* We allowed students to create the school of their dreams?
* We gave students a VOICE where they record, share and tell their story to the public?
* We changed how our students learn on a daily basis!?
* We had the resources to redesign our learning spaces to create an unreal classroom experience?
* We gave up control and created a REAL student-centered learning environment!?
* We allowed students to follow their passions and not have to be tied down to a curriculum that doesn't interest them!!!!
What keeps you up at night? What makes you think? What are your "What If" questions?
I'd love if you would share them with me in the comments section or through social media.